Iron Tides is a rogue-lite genre mash of survival, exploration and tactical combat. You are cast in the role of a viking chieftain, charged with commanding a loot-hungry warband. Engage in a series of raids, venturing ever deeper into treacherous seas as you encounter long-forgotten ruins and mysterious tribes.
Combat in Iron Tides is quick, dynamic and oftentimes unforgiving. The tide of battle ebbs and flows with the fury of your vikings and the rush of enemy reinforcements. Positioning, timing, and a cunning use of limited resources are all key to your survival.
And survive you must. The sea is a ruthless place, full of great rewards but also dire consequences. You must take care to feed and maintain your crew, or else face your foe with a band of half-starved warriors. To make it out alive you'll often have to make some tough choices. You might have to toss the wounded overboard to save your food, hack apart precious artifacts to make space for necessities, or bribe your way through an encounter you're no longer strong enough to face.
Early Access, Spring 2017
- A World Without End: Explore a procedurally generated ocean full of danger and chance encounters. Discover hidden coves, long lost relics, and ominous temples as you venture ever further into the east. Choose your battles carefully and stay vigilant.
- Viking Colonies: Discover lost viking colonies, and enjoy a brief respite from the turmoil of the sea. Resupply your hold, recruit fresh warriors and sell whatever isn't worth carrying back home.
- Encounters Upon the High Seas: Explore dusty ruins, bribe corrupt enemy garrisons, and haggle with lost merchants. Build your own story through small narrative encounters. Will you rob a king's tomb and risk the wrath of the gods? Will you take the effort to plunder statues when your warriors only want food?
- A Place to Call Home: After a successful voyage return to your stronghold of Norhaven. Sing songs for the fallen, purchase newly available wares, recruit new warriors, and plan the next raiding season.
- No Two Vikings Exactly Alike: Each viking has four abilities. One of these is a fixed default attack, but the other three are drawn from a pool of seven abilities particular to their class. In addition, each warrior has a unique, procedurally generated upgrade path, allowing for a diverse range of possibilities.
- Dead Warriors Live Only In Memory: The halls of Valhalla sing with glory as each Viking meets their end. Unfortunately for you and your crew, your lost warriors will not come back and help on the next raid.