Sam is a genius when it comes to prototyping.
We also have a brand new set of rules. From previous prototypes, we revealed some flaws in our previous system.:
- The objective in each play session was not clear.
- Combat did not feel intense.
- The characters were too simple.
To fix this problem, we added:
- A pool of action points.
- Four unique skills and one ultimate ability.
- A unique trait behaviour.
- A new enemy system including spawn points, reinforcements, and different types of attacks.
The new rules opened an in-depth cycle of play, allowing the player to choose the best plan of attack and maximize the number of effective actions per turn.
These changes are a vast improvement from our original prototype, and we are thrilled to finally prove our concept is a go. Now, onto the next step!
Check out the Iron Tides next week for another weekly update.